It was an independent municipality until 1929, but now it`s a suburb of Villa Lagarina Municipality. It’s a highest village of Lagarina Valley, situated at 800 m asl on morainic terrace in rather panoramic and sunny position. The village is divided in zones “contrada” and is surrounded by meadows and typically Alpine arable lands, crossed by the road which goes up from Villa Lagarina to a touristic location of the Cei Lake.
It`s situated at the namesake village limit, & it`s position offers at the same time a panoramic view and control. It was erected in very ancient times, probably earlier than century XI and has a square tower on which a residence palace leans. Lodron family rebuilt it during he first half of XVIth century, transforming it in a magnificent residence with splendid affresco. It was seriously damages during the XIXth and XXth centuries due to a fire and inside halls and tower downfall. Now it`s a property of Miorandi family from Castellano.
St. Lorenzo Church
This church as it is now, situated at the low village limit, was built in the years 1770-1778. The double arch windows of the bell-tower still keeps the elements of the first construction in XVth century, but the main façade from the XVIIIth century preserves a statue of St. Lorenzo. The inside finishing belongs to the XVIII the century, with its cloths and decorations, baroque style main altar of Castione school in multicolor marble and baptismal font of ‘500.
Dajano e Marcojano
You may find these two farms along the dirt road from Castellano to the Cei Valley. The first farm looks like a summer residence immerged in the beautiful beech forest; the second one looks more like a colonial house with a yard in middle and surrounded by cultivated fields. Both are considered property of Lodron earls. In the 18th century Daiano became a property of de Sant'Antonio family and further of Marzani earls from Villa Lagarina (note their coat-of-arms with a mermaid on the South façade) who used it as a summer residence. In1891 and in 1892 the Princess Stefanie of Belgium, spouse of Rudolf of Augsburg, son of the imperator Franz Joseph, was invited by Marzani as a guest on Daiano farm.
This chapel was erected in a namesake place - Nasupel, on the left side of the road from Castellano to Bordala and is dedicated to St. Antonio, St. Rocco & St. Leonardo.
It was erected in 1640 following the testament will of Battista Pederzini (1602), the first restauration was made in 1713 & then in 1750. In 1846 its roof was substituted.
It was a local rogation and pilgrimage destination. It was completely renewed in 1967. The Holy Mass is celebrated there on St. Antonio Day (June 13) & St. Rocco Day (August 16).